Saturday, February 28, 2009

A New Blog Home

A lot has changed since I launched this blog a few years back. Then, I had no children. Now, my eldest has lengthy, well-thought-out conversations with me, and my youngest is crawling all over the house. Then, I lived in a cozy 1200-square-foot College Hill Victorian home. Now, I live in a 3000-square-foot Price Hill castle. Then, I longed for the days when I cut classes and spent hours playing that Baldwin upright in Room 113 of the MSJ music wing. Now, I just long to be home with my family.

Blogger has been good to me, but it’s time to move on. I’ve been tinkering around on WordPress and have decided to move my internet home from my college happy place to my home in real life. Also, WordPress has more aesthetically-pleasing templates. And I think it will be friendlier on the picture posts, which have become quite a bear here on Blogger.

Other than the URL, not much will change. I’ll still ramble on and on about stuff most of you won’t care about. I’ll still use the blog as a place to journal my thoughts and the happenings of my family. There will be house stuff, neighborhood stuff, family stuff, angry stuff, sports stuff, quasi-inspirational stuff, and hopefully the occasional blogjacking by my wife.

So, update your RSS thingies, bookmarks, and links to http://961olive.wordpress.com. See you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WordPress sounds interesting. I like that you say the picture post are friendlier. I never really did care for the unsettled and unsure posture of posting photos on Blogger...T'was jacked out of shape more than a time or two with the glitches I encountered. Can you post on WordPress, your post of the past couple years you have on blogger??
We'll see you on WordPress Scott.

Dan