Robyn is having a sisters' night out, so the boy is all mine. We went to church (with a big assist from Auntie Ceen during the pre-service band rehearsal), we went to have dinner with Grambee & Papi, then we had a campfire in the backyard. Good times, even if he can't possibly be my child. (Read: He doesn't like fire.)
He didn't get a nap today. Plus, it was already past his bedtime, so we headed home. He was in and out of sleep on the journey back to the 'hood, even requesting to hold my hand in the car for the first time in quite awhile. He didn't fight me at all about getting ready for bed, which is rare, and further evidence of his tiredness.
We laid in his big boy bed, reading books, praying, singing, cuddling, et cetera. He was 99% asleep, if a level of sleepitude can be measured/calculated as a percentage, but he was suddenly refusing to admit that it was bedtime...
Toby: I can't go to sleep yet. I have to give Mommy a hug and a kiss goodnight.The elusive and final 1% of sleepitude was attained approximately 0.047 seconds after his 15th proclamation of staying up for mommy.
Daddy: It's ok, bud, if you're still awake when she gets home, I'll send her in to give you a hug and a kiss.
Toby: Ok, but I'm going to wait up for her.
Daddy: That's fine. I'm going to turn off your light and cover you up, though.
Toby: Ok. But I'm waiting up for Mommy.
Daddy: That's good, buddy. She'll like that.
Toby: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
No comments:
Post a Comment