London's public transportation options were just plain awesome. Buses and Underground in the city. Rail for the outerlying areas. Affordable. Fast. Always on time. In Cincinnati? It would take over an hour for me to get to work on a Metro. I drive it in 15 minutes.
I'd love for us to be a 1-car family. And I know it's possible, but I don't know that it's reasonable. I now have a bicycle, and I plan on riding it (you know, when it isn't 0 degrees) to cut back on the car consumption and add in some very practical exercise.
Meanwhile, I'm growing less and less satisfied with my trusty ol' Pimp Boat. It's fine and all... it meets my 2 main qualifications: (1) it runs, and (2) it's cheap. I'm not sure what my 3rd qualification would be, but I know "it has heat" would certainly be a qualification on days like this. (I would also prefer to have an FM radio, if my list of demands is to be made more fully known.)
Do I need a new-to-me car? Absolutely not. This one runs. She ain't perty, but she gets me to work and to church. Gets me there COLD, but gets me there, nonetheless. But I'm definitely tempted to start looking for her replacement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are a one van family. It works...but come Baby #3 this Aug we will need a 2nd car...just to hard with all Conners sports. But we have done it almost 3 years now and it has saved us a ton of money!
Post a Comment