- Employment. Is my company going under? Will I have a job on Monday? The writing is on the wall (401k match suspended, company-sponsored retirement plan suspended, stock price completely in the tank). Should I update my resume, even though I have absolutely no desire to do so? I'm pretty sure hell is a place where everyone is looking for work.
- Termite damage and other solid wood concerns. I've been assured that it's fixable and that my living room is not in danger of collapsing, but I still have the visual of that rotten piece of wood that is supposed to be holding everything together.
- Mold. Discovered when surveying termite damage and diagnosing termite repair options, I've been assured that it can be cleaned up without it becoming a huge ordeal. But still, when it rains, it pours... (and, apparently, when it rains, water gets in to hidden places and allows mold to grow...)
- Church. Will my rhythm section make it back from their out-of-town gig to Cincinnati in time for our inaugural Saturday 5pm service? Honestly, no offense to them, I don't really care, as long as Jennifer and Tricia and Ian are there to make beautiful music with. Lately, though, I'm less of the fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of guy I've always been. If they aren't going to be there, I kinda just want to know. But, ya know, those crazy pastors want their rock band... ;-)
- My diet & exercise plan. The last 2 weeks haven't been as successful as the first 5-6 weeks. I need to get back on the wagon, as I have fallen off. I was gonna Run Like Hell tonight, sans costume, just for fun, but my knee is being a nuisance. (Plus, I can run like hell through the business district of East Price Hill for free.
And it's scarier than an uppity east side cemetary, where even the corpses wear khakis & blazers and drink $6 lattes.
EDIT: Run Like Hell does not physically take place where I initially thought, so my below-the-belt neighborhood slight is inaccurate and struck.) - The burdens of my friends. No doubt, it is a blessing and a privilege to help carry the burdens that the people I love bear. But carrying a burden is still, well, a burden. There are people that I love to death who are going through some crazy stuff. They do not carry their burdens alone. I carry alongside them.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Things Threatening My Sanity In a Stormy Season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment