Friday, October 10, 2008

Aimee Likes Me a Little More Now

There was much more smiling and cooing from the little girl last night during the weekly 'Give Daddy Both Kids For a Few Hours and Pray That Everyone Survives' Thursday evening session. That's a good thing.

(I know I've said this before, but I actually have a lot of sympathy for the parents who snap and hurt their children. It's an absolute tragedy that children are ever hurt by those that love them the most, but I've held each of my children when they are completely out of control and inconsolable. Last night, after a very stressful full day of work and a mindnumbing commute home, both of my kids were especially challenging. It would only take one momentary mistake... sheesh. It's scary...)

For the first time since she was less than a month old, I got her to sleep without any sort of Mommy intervention. It helped that she was completely exhausted. I'm very thankful that she went to sleep. Not sure I could've handled multiple hours of screaming (like last Thursday).

Life is good.

1 comment:

Dan Warnock said...

Every days a new day. Thank God. Glad to hear Little Bit was so cooperative last night especially after a grueling day. Jo and I get to do our Grandparent thing next week with a planned visit to NC. I talked with Aidan on the phone today and he sang “Take Me out to the Ball Game”, Lots of emphasis on
the “And there’s One, Two, Three Strikes......!.”. I sang to him OTR’s “Poop, Poop, Poop in the
Potty”.....a Mike favorite. I even heard Jackson crying on the other end....Funny how it was music to a Grandparents ear (500mi. away) and probably a tad bit blood-curdling to the parent. I love the pixs of Aimee and Toby......He was really into watching the road crew!! And where did Aimee get those Big Baby Blues???