Monday, October 06, 2008

Miscellaneous Photos

Let's start it off right. Sing it with me now... Cousins... Identical Cousins...How impressive is my wife? How many mothers of infants would have flowers this beautiful in their yards heading into the fall? She hasn't let me see her cape, but I swear she's Wonder Woman sometimes. We have a very needy Toby and an Aimee that doesn't let mommy set her down, and yet somehow Robyn finds the time to run a household, continue rehabbing this house, and keep (most of) her plants alive.For several days, there was a workcrew on our street. Toby LOVES all the heavy equipment. I think all boys do, but I know that I did and that Toby does. He's definitely my boy. He would just stare at them as they worked. (I should say, more often, he stared at them NOT working. What a worthless workcrew!)When I was a little boy, there was a small birch tree in my parents' front yard. That tree has long since passed on to the foliage afterlife, but the memory (and photos) remain. (Mom, if you see this, please see if you can dig out an old "peek-a-boo tree" pic of my little blond self for comparative purposes.) I used to hide in that tree. And now, my boy has his very own peek-a-boo tree. Nostalgic, I say.Speaking of nostalgia, another fond memory from my childhood is the family swing. Summer evenings, it seemed I probably should have been in bed, there I was, sitting on the swing in between my parents. When we bought the patio furniture several months back, I had to have the swing. Surely, a nice summer afternoon nap or 3 will be had on this contraption, but I'm hoping there will be lots of family time on it as well. Toby's favorite game on it right now is telling me to go to sleep, followed by my fake snoring, followed by his aggressive tickling to wake me up. Then he hangs from the crossbar like a monkey. It's awesome.He's such a ham! He put the 2 teddy bears on the chair, announced that I was to take his picture with his friends, then he hopped in the middle and waited. Poor little extrovert apparently doesn't get enough attention?!

No comments: