Nope, not Christmas... I'm talking about the MLB Playoffs. Dane Cook has been telling us since April that October is on the way. And today, here we go. I'll give many thanks for ESPN Radio this afternoon. I just wish I had a TV at the office... that would make my productivity go negative.
I was working at the new house on Monday night when the Pads/Rocks game began. I figured I'd want to switch over to the Bengals Radio Network for MNF once kickoff arrived, but then I asked myself if I really wanted to do that. Do I want to get all frustrated and depressed listening to the Bengals get their arse handed to them, or would I rather listen to glorious, glorious beisbol? Baseball won, and so did I. Until the 1360 AM signal disappeared in the 12th inning.
While trying to clean/organize the basement for the weekend's big move, I knocked an old paint can off a shelf. The lid busted off, and there was a gallon of white paint all over the floor. I was frustrated, but it was ok, because I got to listen to Matt Herges shut down the Padres in extra innings while cleaning up the mess.
I (heart) the MLB playoffs. For the next month, instead of rooting for my inept hometeam, I get to follow some real dang good teams with some real dang entertaining players. Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard, Aaron Rowand, Cole Hamels, Matt Holliday, Troy Tulowitzki, Brandon Webb, Eric Byrnes, Grady Sizemore, Pronk Hafner, Fausto Carmona, CC Zebekia (shout out to the 2006 fantasy draft), Big Papi, Kevin Youkilis, Josh Beckett, Vlad Guerrero... holy crap I'm getting excited...
...and I get to root against the Evil Empire and A-Rod and Clemens, and I'll surely get to see at least one huge volcanic eruption from Carlos Zambrano, and I'll almost certainly get to see a few suicidal Cub fans gouge out their own eyes with empty bottles of Old Style...
When do the games start? Will my wife kill me before the World Series? Stay tuned.
(Update: As I arrived "home" to my in-laws' house last night, the Sox/Angels game on the radio, I got out of the car singing the Christmas song in the title of this post. My father-in-law now officially thinks I'm crazy. And he thinks I'm wrong, as he's more of a football guy than I am a baseball guy. But I guess that's what makes the world go round.)
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment