Monday, October 29, 2007

Hey Beautiful...

My main reason for not wanting to go to Europe was that I didn't want to be away from my family for a week. I love Robyn and Toby so much... how would I survive a week without them? So, it was a blessing that my boss let me use his Blackberry as often as I wanted to check in with the fam. Once per day, I got to talk to my wife, usually for about 10-15 minutes. It was so good to be able to do that.

One day, Robyn mentioned that she was "propositioned". I'm still not 100% sure what that means, but the visual I had was some scumbag approaching her with some lame "hey baby" pick up line. I assume most guys probably have a trust me, buddy, I fully understand you finding my wife attractive, and you obviously have good taste, but she's mine, so don't ever even look at her again, ok? attitude about other men hitting on their wife. I certainly do.

Today, I got to witness it firsthand. After work, as I pulled up to the house, Robyn and Tobe were in the front yard, pulling weeds. Tobe came and met me at the car, and ultimately got in the car and turned it into his playground-of-the-moment. While he and I sat in the car, a couple guys walked by and obviously didn't see me just a few feet away. Ready... action!

Robyn was in the front yard, and one of the fine gents introduced himself as Jim. (Jim has good taste.) "Yadda yadda yadda... yadda yadda yadda... you're not married, are you?" Robyn says yes, she is. (Good girl.) I decided I was glad she was holding a sharp garden tool, just in case Jim didn't care that she was married. Jim was polite, and he courteously walked away. As he walked away, he turned around and said, "Robyn... (long pause...) you don't look married." Robyn just kinda shrugged and went back to pulling weeds.

So, I must ask the question... what does "you don't look married" mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It means he probably saw you in the car. :o)

B-Call said...

you don't want to know what that means. its nothing clean.