Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ammunition and Moving

The carpet guys came Friday and worked their butts off. All of the newly-carpeted areas are "interesting" rooms, meaning they aren't just 4 walls... there are little nooks and corners to cut around, there are radiators to cut around... they did a great job, and it's nice to have comfortable floors.

While the carpet was being installed, The Tobe and I played in the yard. And, naturally, I found a clip full of bullets that said ".45 AUTO" on them. Welcome to the 'hood, here's some ammunition for an automatic weapon. The nice officer at District 3 gladly took them off my hands.I am happy to report that we are now living in the house. Toby is sleeping in his new room. I am blogging from my new living room. Robyn is showering in her new bathroom. And we're exhausted.

Many, many, many thanks go out to Brett, Jeff, Clifton, and the Duebber and Goodridge families for making it happen today. You are the best friends and families we could ask for.

This doesn't mean we're done. Not even close. There is much unpacking to do. And we still don't have any kitchen cabinets on our walls... hopefully we will by tomorrow afternoon.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go sleep in my new bedroom.

2 comments:

Kevin LeMaster said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big move! I'm sure it's very satisfying to see all your hard work come together. Enjoy your first days in the new house!
-Julie