Monday, December 31, 2007

Kill Your Television

I've had no energy. Going up and down a flight of stairs is a serious chore. I've been trying to keep away from Toby to avoid getting him sick. I'm absolutely tired of laying on the bathroom floor or my bed. I've been bored out of my freaking mind. Have I mentioned that I don't do sick well?

So, I've spent considerable time under a blanket in a recliner on the 3rd floor, camped out in front of the TV. This contraption doesn't get used very frequently. No cable for us, just rabbit ears. And man oh man... broadcast TV is a waste. I would've gladly paid $30 or so just to have ESPN during these past few days.

On the bright side, I now want to buy the seemingly amazing tv-vac. After all, why wouldn't I want to own a vacuum cleaner that can easily suck up 15 Froot Loops lined up conveniently on the couch? And doesn't everyone need a vacuum cleaner that can inhale those pesky raisins that always seem to get stuck on top of the picture frames? Thanks late-night infomercials!

I also have a new appreciation for the weirdos who can not only solve ridiculous crossword puzzles in minutes, but they have some awkward Trekkie-esque convention every year to celebrate their... vocabulary. I was really digging the gay dude whose boyfriend was swooning over his massive... vocabulary. Thanks PBS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you all are sick....it REALLY sucks to have the flu and be pregnant so have some extra sympathy. Sorry I have not called...it has been crazy and Jeff decided to re-do Andrew's room and I start back to school on Thursday and start college classes on Saturday. No time to do anything! Hope you all feel better soon.

Your favorite cousin - Laura