Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Freaking Birthday, Kid

We have yet to celebrate the little fella's birthday. A small party of immediate family and godparents was scheduled for the 29th at 11am. Robyn and I spent the 28th cleaning the house and generally getting ready to host a peaceful gathering.

Then I got a phone call informing me that my bestest buddies in the whole world wanted to hang out. Those crazy Trislers, on a whim, decided to drive to Cincinnati for an evening. By 10pm on the 28th, Tye and Andrea were here, and Mike/Jerri/Brooke/Andrea/Darren/Emily were on their way. Honestly, getting to hang with these great friends is just about the best thing in the world for me and my quasi-extroverted-self.

And then I started puking my guts out.

I felt much better after the first wave of heaving. Robyn and I both assumed it was food poisoning from a bad mall lunch earlier in the day. I cleaned up and returned to the party, feeling much better. Of course, not long after my return, I excused myself for good. Or, for bad. It was not a pretty night. I slept on the floor of the bathroom.

So, after 36 hours, I started to regain my strength. My wife did an amazing job of taking care of me. I'm a really bad sick person, and she's constantly nauseous because of the mailman's baby, so putting up with me is no small task.

Tobe's party was rescheduled for New Years Day at 11am.

Then Robyn started puking her guts out.

She might have it worse than me. She's currently sleeping on the bathroom floor. Seriously. We're having fun around here. I took Tobe to the doctor this morning to get a flu shot, just in case it could prevent him from whatever horrible illness is living around here.

Tobe's party has been postponed indefinitely. Poor kid ain't got no cake...

3 comments:

the trislers said...

we feel so terrible. i hope you all start feeling better...and the tobe doesn't start puking his guts out next!

it was good to see you...if only in your miserable state for a few minutes. we miss you!

get well soon!

Jennifer said...

sucky!

Kevin LeMaster said...

That sounds terrible! I hope everyone's feeling better today.