Friday, December 28, 2007

Vital Tobe Stats

(Amazingly enough, I entitled this post "Vital Tobe Stats", wrote the post, and posted the post before realizing that I used the exact same post title for Toby's 1-year measurements. What? You don't find it amazing? Fine...)

Without further ado... the measurements are in and have been certified by Doctor Joe and his assistant, witnessed by myself and The Mommy Guy:
  • 34 pounds. He gained less than 8 pounds this year. He's still in the 95th percentile. Our bathroom scale is apparently inaccurate, as I've seen him weigh 37 pounds on a given evening.
  • 52 cm head circumference. He remains off the charts. Seriously. He's above the 99th percentile. He's inventing a new 99th percentile.
  • 34.5 inches long. He remains right in the 50-somethingth percentile.
So, he's "average" in height. But he's way big in girth and head circumference. Thus, most of his clothes are 4T or 5T, as his head doesn't fit through 2T or 3T shirt head holes, nor does his waist fit in such pants.

Dr. Joe gave Tobe a clean bill of health. Dr. Joe is impressed by Tobe's approximately 100 words. This is just a guess, but if he can name a million body parts, thousands of animals, scores of animal noises, dozens of food items, fortnights of proper names, most of the letters of the alphabet, and many other miscellaneous items such as "khakis" and directionals such as "backwards", then he has to know at least 100 words in total, right? Minimum?

(Yeah, I know that a fortnight isn't really supposed to be used for measuring anything other that quantities of 14 days, but what else could I have said? I already used "scores" and "dozens". Seriously, what the world needs is more words to describe quantities of items.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

words that could be used to describe many things:
umpteen, a slew, masses, heaps, gazillions, and my personal favorite, oodles.

Jennifer said...

Whenever in doubt, regarding vocabulary, Ian is the man.