Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What a Sad Story... no... not really...

Must be a slow news day... from Yankees' Slugger Strikes Out Over 'Joke' Autograph...

According to young Red Sox fan Griffin Whitman, Duncan wrote “Red Sox Suck! Shelley Duncan” in his notebook during an autograph session before last Friday’s game between the two fierce rivals at Boston’s Fenway Park.

“It was cool to get his autograph,” Griffin told the Herald. “It didn’t make me feel happy when he wrote that.”

Griffin’s mother, Karen, blasted the young Yankees slugger for setting a bad example.

I'd like to think that I wouldn't have been offended if a Reds' opponent gave me an autograph with "Reds Suck!" on it when I was growing up. Somewhere in this story, there's gotta be something about this kid being homeschooled... or something... right? Talk about a party pooper...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it the kid making the BIG STINK, or the NURTURING MOTHER going off.! I'd think that autograph would be a cool keeper....and I'm not an autograph guy. I'm thinking Mommy is the pooper all the way. But she meant well...!!!

Dan W