I should have waited a few hours to post a house update, as yesterday's post is old news.
Within a couple hours of yesterday's post, all of the upstairs hardwood flooring was finished... sanding-cleaning-staining-cleaning-sealing. Robyn was a woman on a mission yesterday, because she also sanded the steps, cleaned the steps, stained the steps, and sealed the steps, along with millions of other things, because she is superhuman. Seriously. She works in intense (think Tasmanian Devil without the ill-after-effects of the mini-tornado) ways. One more coat of polyurethane on the staircase and all foot-traffic areas will be done... other miscellaneous woodwork and trim will remain for awhile. She's not that superhuman, and I'm not much for staining or painting.
Of course, my embarassing work story of the month came last night. Because of all the new flooring in the kitchen, the doors to the basement and bathroom needed to be cut so that they don't scrape the floor. No problem, right? I measured... I marked the door... I taped the door to avoid all that pesky splintering... and I busted out the circular saw and cut... only to realize that I cut the wrong door. "Oh well, no big deal, I'll just go get the right door..." And of course, I then cut the top of the door, which didn't need to be cut at all.
Sheesh. I even abided by the whole "measure twice, cut once" mantra that Tony Stewart and The Home Depot preach ad naseum. Maybe they should change their marketing strategy to "measure twice, cut once, but don't cut until you're sure you're cutting the right thing". Rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?
We should have more kitchenstuff (countertops and sinks and such) installed today. There's a light at the end of this tunnel, somewhere. And it's getting brighter...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Scott,
I personally think that only happened because of an overall lack of sleep. Also, I just read on your previous post that you are moving in on Saturday, Oct. 6th - This is going to be a bad day for me ( I have a leaders meeting and Youth Lasagna Dinner that night!) Would you consider waiting until it works out better with my schedule? :)
Man I have to see this house! It sounds totally rocken! Post more pictures!!!
I did the same thing to our bathroom door 20 yrs. ago and I swear, nobody has ever noticed the strip of daylight to this day. Maybe?!
I'm with Ceen, I have to hump the mail that Sat. (6th) and have my nephews wedding that eve. To the Hamrick family, the Crib on the Hill is a must see. AWSOME!!!
Dan W
words i don't use nearly enough: spake.
Post a Comment