At first glance, I (probably like millions of Americans) thought it outrageous for Columbia University to give the completely insane Iranian president an opportunity to speak on American ground. "How dare a university allow a terrorist to spread his hate in front of students?" is a question I heard on a quasi-conservative talk radio program this morning. I wondered if Columbia would invite Adolf Hitler or Saddam Hussein to speak if they were alive today. Well...
...I'm looking forward to listening, especially now that I know that he hasn't exactly been welcomed with open arms. The Columbia University president spoke before him and pretty much ripped him a new you-know-what in an introduction...
He's taking the stage right now, and he's reciting part of the Koran. Honestly, it's a little freaky. The dude wants to wipe all of Israel off the map and claims The Holocaust never happened? I mean, I wasn't there, but it's pretty well-documented...
I guess it's good to know our enemies, right?
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
at first i dismissed him as just another madman, thought he would be harmless here. then i saw the interview on 60 minutes... the guy is a snake. listen to him try to sound compassionate and academic and thoughtful, attempting to sow seeds of doubt in the minds of the American viewers. i don't think anyone was buying it, but it was still creepy.
i already distrust my government, but it's not because of that bozo. it actually made me look at our administration with fondness, for about eight seconds.
Post a Comment