I've never really been into college football. Growing up, my family didn't watch Saturday football. Reds? Oh yes. Bengals? Sure. College basketball? Yep. But not college football.
These days, it's totally different. If there's a game on, I'll watch it. Maybe that's a product of spending time with my former NCAA-All-American-First-Team-SEC father-in-law. Thing is, I don't have a big rooting interest. I went to Mount St. Joe, which doesn't play on TV (and, no offense, but I prefer watching Division I). My father-in-law starred at Vanderbilt, which would be hard to follow here in Cincinnati. I wouldn't naturally root for a Columbus team, so I'm not going to pick the Bucks.
So how about UC? Why not? Heck, every time I hear Brian Kelly (which is at least daily, as I'm convinced he spends 14 hours per day pimping his team on the radio), I want to go out and buy a ticket. Dude is a heckuva salesman!
Let's think this through... BCS Conference? Yep. Local team? Most definitely. Exciting to watch? From what I've heard, "exciting" is an understatement.
Looks like I best be loud, wear black, and find my way down to Nippert.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i've already got tickets for the Oct. 13th game v. Louisville. sounds like there were actually some good seats left when we got ours last friday.
you guys should hook it up for that game and maybe we can catch dinner afterwords. should be fun.
fact, i never hit up a single football or basketball game when i went to school there for the two and a half years i was there. but i did go to many afternoon baseball games. those were sweet.
glad to hear you're starting to come around to college football. these guys are the future of the NFL, you know?
Post a Comment