Besides, the boy can usually flat out play. He's just in a funk. We all know that. If he were a Red (which he never will be), you'd love him and want to have his babies.
Personally, I think the money opens him up to criticism beyond that of which the average ($min-$5m) player receives. When one agrees to such ridiculous terms and fails when it matters most 3 postseasons in a row, then he has brought forth the wrath of fans and the barbs of a national audience because the expectations should be crazy high for such a salary. I say congrats that someone was willing to pay him so much, and also I scoff at him for failing when his team needed him.
And actually, if he was a $25m Red and sucked when it mattered, I could care less about his .290/40/120 lines. That's great that he "can usually flat out play", but superstars without rings (especially when they play on $200m payroll teams) aren't worth their salary.
(I do, unfortunately, have a little bit of a man-crush on Jeter, though. He's magically babelicious. If he were a president, he'd be Babraham Lincoln.)
4 comments:
don't hate on him for signing that contract.
if someone dropped that contract on your desk, you'd sign it too.
Besides, the boy can usually flat out play. He's just in a funk. We all know that. If he were a Red (which he never will be), you'd love him and want to have his babies.
i don't care if he's a Red, or not. i still want to have his babies.
he's smokin'!
not as caliente as Derek Jeter... but still.
Personally, I think the money opens him up to criticism beyond that of which the average ($min-$5m) player receives. When one agrees to such ridiculous terms and fails when it matters most 3 postseasons in a row, then he has brought forth the wrath of fans and the barbs of a national audience because the expectations should be crazy high for such a salary. I say congrats that someone was willing to pay him so much, and also I scoff at him for failing when his team needed him.
And actually, if he was a $25m Red and sucked when it mattered, I could care less about his .290/40/120 lines. That's great that he "can usually flat out play", but superstars without rings (especially when they play on $200m payroll teams) aren't worth their salary.
(I do, unfortunately, have a little bit of a man-crush on Jeter, though. He's magically babelicious. If he were a president, he'd be Babraham Lincoln.)
Post a Comment