Thursday, October 26, 2006

Here Comes the Queen!

When I got home from work on the last Friday before vacation, I heard the news: little Brenyn had been nominated for Homecoming Queen. She's not so little anymore, but my earliest memories of her are from the '97-'98 school year, when she was 9 years old. There is a big difference between a crazy 9-year-old and a 17-year-old Homecoming Court nominee.

The mad scramble began to get an appropriate parade vehicle for the Brenz and her running mate, and there were quite a few viable options. I'm thankful that I got to drive her in the parade, and that I got to drive her in the parade in this fine toy:
While I never exceeded 3 mph in the parade itself, I can personally attest to the fact that this is a ridiculously-silly-fast car. Many thanks to my cousin Marc for allowing me to take his mid-life crisis (Saleen, NOT aftermarket... the real deal) for a spin.

A few hours after the parade, the Brenz was crowned Queen. So maybe Taylor High School is smarter than I give it credit for.

4 comments:

scott d said...

By the way, that first picture is not doctored in any way. No photoshop, no special lenses. That's really how it looked while sitting in the sun near my in-laws' house.

Anonymous said...

i wish you had called - my 2004 Saturn Ion is available to you and your family for any future important events like this!! oh yeah, baby - this thing is loaded with a 2.2L Inline 4 engine!

Anonymous said...

Is it tacky to comment on your own post?

scott d said...

yes, it is absolutely tacky and highly unprofessional to comment on one's own post. thank you.