Wayne Krivsky, it's time to work your magic. Put together a winner for 2007. This city will go baseball crazy if we're given a winner. And that doesn't make us fairweather... why would anyone support a team that sucks?
Look at the rosters of the (gulp) World Series Champion Cardinals. I'm not suggesting that the Reds try to emulate the roster makeup of that team. They were lucky the regular season didn't last an extra week, or the Clemens-Oswalt-Pettitte-led Astros would have caught them. The Cards won it all with the following guys in prominent roles: Jeff Weaver, Ronnie Belliard, Preston Wilson. These guys were all acquired mid-season after their former teams gave them away for nothing (or peanuts, at the most).
Maybe if Dunn was a little more like Pujols and a little less like Rob Deer, we'd be talking about how David Ross, Brandon Phillips, and Scott Schoenweiss led the Reds all the way. Look at the rosters. If Dunn doesn't totally suck the last 2 months of the year, aren't the Reds as good as the Cards? Maybe next year...
Speaking of guys being cast off by their original teams, wasn't it cool to see Sean Casey have a very impressive postseason debut? Ya gotta love Casey! Where'd that power surge come from? Somebody better check The Mayor's locker for BALCO products.
Can Tim McCarver just go away? Wow... I think I'd rather listen to George Grande...
I'm gonna miss baseball until spring. At least we have the Bengals.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Scott, as I watched the world series all I could think of was the west coast road trip and how the Reds could be where the Cards are. Adam Dunn does suck!
wait, you actually said, "maybe if Adam Dunn was a little more like Pujols"??? did you hear what you just said? that's the funniest/sickest thing i've heard in a long time.
what are you on.
Adam Dunn sucks.
Manlaw!
Post a Comment