- Thom Brennamen on Reds-on-Radio with his papa would be a very Castellini thing to do. And I mean that in a good way. Uncle Bob has clearly stated that he values tradition, and having a long-term radio plan that involves Marty's son would show fans how much Castellini values consistency, family, the fans, and a quality product in the booth.
- Steve Stewart deserves a broadcasting job in Cincinnati. He's good. He's a pro. He couldn't have handled his "unrenewed contract" situation any better than he did. While George Grande may be the nicest man on TV, here's hoping that The Bad Boy teams with Chris Welsh next season on FoxSports.
- Here's to also hoping that the Cincinnati Bell Trivia question is simulcast on both radio and television, and that Marty and Steve choose their answers and banter about the ridiculousness of the question.
- My desired outcome of the MLB playoffs: Dodgers, Padres, Twins, Tigers as division series winners, Dodgers & Twins as LCS winners, and a World Series that involves Garciaparra vs. Santana in a pivotal situation in the late innings of Game 7. I'd love to see Nomah get a shot at a ring. I'd love to see the small-market Twins in the finals. And the giant Hefty bag in right field is worthy of HDTV.
- Translation: basically, I want to see the Cardinals and Yankees eliminated as quickly as possible.
- I played raquetball for the first time in about a year last Saturday. Was I rusty? Heck no, it was like old times. Although the 20+ extra pounds made my victory much more tiring than usual.
- I'm caught up in Bengal Fever, just like most folks in this fine city. I'm no bandwagon fan... I watched them through the Shula-Coslet-LeBeau years, so my dues are paid. But a big-time offense is worthless when the run can't be stopped.
- Sam Adams is a large human being.
- Albert Haynesworth deserves to be in jail. No one should have their face stomped on by a very large man wearing cleats.
- 'Twas a good fantasy baseball year. I won the league I commish by a large margin. I finished 2nd in my other league, and had a somewhat-realistic shot at winning it on the last day of the season.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Miscellaneous Sports Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
your wish is granted!
long live Jambi.
good call on Brennaman Squared in the booth.
Post a Comment