Saturday, August 19, 2006

Things I Thought I'd Never Do

In the last three evenings, I've done two things I figured I'd never do. And I had a good time doing both, mostly.

Wednesday night, Butros Butros and I played golf. There were certainly moments when I wanted to throw all my clubs into the woods and quit on the spot. In fact, my scorecard shows that on the 4th hole, I scored an IQ, which stands for "I quit", then holes 5-9 don't have scores. But overall, a nice evening on the links with Tye was a good time. Good conversation, good times in the outdoors, riding around in a golf cart. Heck, I even hit a car. Really. No lie. Just ask Butros squared.

Tonight, I played cards. For money. Those of you who know how I can be a tightwad, please wake up from your state of shock... I gambled tonight. And I had fun. In three hours, I lost three dollars. Of course, it helps that the only money I took was loose change. Once again, the company was good.

It feels good to do things that I normally don't do. Now, if I could just get back to the gym (yet another place I figure I'll never go...) maybe I can start chipping away at the 4 inch layer of blubber surrounding my torso...

One other new thing happened this week. Robyn and I met with a lawyer with the purpose of writing wills. Gotta love paying somebody to sit down with you and talk about your own death. Awesome. Let's hope that document isn't needed for a while...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the money, duebs.

Butros Butros said...

Scott, can I have your oversized golf club head named Sully?

scott d said...

no, you cheat at golf. i don't help cheaters.

Butros Butros said...

I don't cheat at golf! I simply make it easier for me to not get stressed out. You don't see me scoring an IQ on the 4th hole...

Anonymous said...

CAN I HAVE TOBY IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU?