Yep. It's been a long coupla days. I've been bringing work home with me for over a week now. Suddenly, there's so much to do, it's kinda ridiculous. I won't go into the boring accounting details here because, well, they are boring accounting details. (Also, there's that whole Google cache thing, and some of it could be deemed confidential information.)
I will, however, say that I've been working public accounting hours. Public accounting hours suck. Sunday night, I put in a few hours of work here at home. Monday, I got up early and was at the office by 6am. Somewhere in the early afternoontime, I took a 10 minute lunch break, then worked constantly until 4:30, with the understanding that I'd be back after dinner for more work. I went home, played with The Tobe, playfully bantered with The Wife, and was back at the office around 7pm. Then, of course, it was nonstop until about 11:30. My Miami Heights Elementary School math tells me I worked a 15 hour workday with a 10 minute lunch break. It's good to be salaried...
We have 24-hour security that we must pass through before entering the plant. You know you worked too many hours when your day starts by saying "hi" to the 3rd shift security guy as his shift is ending at 6am, then your day ends by saying "goodnight" to the same 3rd shift security guy as he's in the middle of his next day's shift at 11:30pm.
It's gonna be a crazy week. 2 days down... I'm seriously doubting Mississippi is going to happen.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment