This just in: it's hot. As Nelly said, it's gettin' hot in herre, so turn the A/C on. Or something like that. Really. You could look it up.
A few weeks back, when the Greater Cincinnati area was enjoying high temperatures in the 90s, I let my grass grow for a few too many days before cutting. It was a Saturday afternoon, and we were having guests over the house later on that evening, and the yard needed cutting. Desperately. It was 2 in the afternoon, not a cloud in the sky, and it was just flat out hot. So I cut the grass. Twice, since it was high enough. Much sweat was had. Then I took the trusty mower over to Brooke's house and cut his yard, since he was out of town and his needed cutting as well. By the time I finished, all I could think was "I'm so stupid... there's no reason to cut grass in this heat, no matter how high the yard is."
We're having the parents of Aidan over tomorrow night. I'm not trying to show off my amazing yard or anything, I'd just prefer to not look like a total hillbilly. That, and my neighbor just cut his yard, so mine looked especially high earlier this evening. I waited until the sun was almost completely down... I cut my front yard at what one might call "dusk", and I cut the back yard pretty much by moonlight. And I sweat tons worse than I did the other weekend in full sun.
It's hot. Just thought you should know. And just in case you were wondering, no, I do not have headlights on my non-self-propelled Wal*Mart pushmower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment