Link... I'll translate for you... "We're not really opposed to any specific religion... but since you're a Christian, we're going to kill you." No, of course they aren't opposed to any specific religion. Everyone, if you're looking for religious freedom, I heard Delta now offers non-stop flights to Kabul. Dear Jesus, please come soon and take us home.
One last time... say it with me now... Wily Mo Wily Mo Wily Mo. I've always thought he has the potential to be one of the all-time lunatics of baseball. I'll miss the goofy guy. It wouldn't surprise me if he and ManRam went into the Green Monster together during a game to swordfight. It wouldn't surprise me if he hits 40 homers as a Red Sox. Nor would it surprise me if he hit .220 with 200 strikeouts. I wish him the best. And I think Arroyo is a more important component to a successful 2006 campaign than Pena would be. So I'm all for this move. And as a reminder, I was all for the Milton signing, too. We'll see what happens.
I love Nuxie broadcasting Spring Training games. Not only is my workday blessed with a few hours of the sounds of summer (as the white death approaches our beloved town), but I get to hear The Old Lefthander botch foreign names just as he did when I was growing up. It is so obvious that he doesn't even care. And I love it. His best quote from today's game, as Scott Dragicevich entered the game to play 3rd base for the Blue Jays: "(thoughtful pause) I'll let Marty tell you about Toronto's new third baseman (giggle)..."
I keep hearing this commercial on a.m. radio... can't remember the company's name, but the quote is stuck in my head... "if you're self-employed or an individual..." I'm guessing from an insurance standpoint this means something. Still, do you know anyone who isn't an individual? Is this company trying to tell all clones to not bother calling? Siamese twins attached at the hip need not apply?
Robyn and I finally made a decision we were putting off for quite some time... re-up with Verizon for another 2 years or let the contract expire and bundle with Cincy Bell? I've had enough bad customer service phone calls with Verizon that made me want to buy a gun and shoot myself in the face. Then again, bundling wasn't going to save us any money... and most of our friends seem to have Verizon... so we went ahead and got our new Verizon phones. I asked the guy at the counter what kind of phones could we both get and pay nothing. He said that the Razr was our best option. I figured he was going for the commission sale... but we walked out of there with two new Razrs and not any money out of our pockets. I figure if it's good enough for tech-savvy Justin Hall, it's good enough for us tech-idiot Duebbers. It feels weird, however, to have a cell phone that is nicer than my laptop.
Impact Idol is tomorrow night. I am Simon Cowell. I have a list of horrible things to tell the contestants about themselves and their performances. I plan on making someone cry.
Fantasy baseball league #2's draft is this Friday... and we don't get to know what the draft order is until we show up. I might file a formal complaint with Mr Selig about this.
Tye's wedding is next Friday. It will be glorious. He's the man. And Andrea is the woman. They are the couple. They rock. www.artistsandauthors.net or myspace.com/artistsandauthors is where they can be found.
The next Rohs Street Cafe show with Brooke is Saturday April 1. It will be good. Good atmosphere, good coffee, good music... what more do you want??? www.brooketrisler.com
Monday, March 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, sorry I don't know the company that does the 'if you are an individual...' commercial. I don't listen to AM radio. I don't do radio in the morning.
Just kidding. Ignore my wierd sense of humor. Just being your strange sister...
"You're all different. You're all individuals."
"I'm not."
-Life of Bryan
Agreed, I'm not sure if I like the idea of not knowing the draft order until we show up Friday. I like to plan ahead. I'm not sure that I liked last years idea of having Vanessa pick the draft order a week before the draft either.
just read the article you linked at the top of the post. that's aweful. if they're "not against any particular religion" shouldn't they just change the law.
aweful.
dude, you can pay me back for the tech crap if we ever buy a house and i need advice on how to fix anything (cause i don't know how to fix anything). as if i wasn't anti-homeownership enough already...
Hey Scott!!
Ryan and I just picked up a pair of Razors this past weekend as well! I feel very technology hip with it, even though I don't know how to do half the things they say it can do!!
P.S. The pictures of Toby are VERY cute
Post a Comment