Wednesday, March 22, 2006

PETA? Nope... EATAPETA? Of course...

Dang... I missed EATAPETA Day. That's right, the 4th annual Eat A Tasty Animal for PETA Day. I'll celebrate today instead. What's for dinner, you ask? The answer, as usual, is meat. (Sorry, my dear vegetarian wife, I love you and respect you. But I also enjoy meat.)

And now for something completely different... I know that my lack of organization sometimes drives Robyn crazy. I know that my usual disregard for the state of my closet is annoying to her. I know that she prefers the sink to not overflow with a Pike's Peak size mountain of dishes. And while I don't feel that there's anything wrong with me being myself, I love her beyond belief and want to act in such a way that she knows it. She knows that I'm a messy person by nature, so when I actually clean something or make plans well in advance, she views it as an act of love. I can show my love for her by sacrificing my lazy ways to serve her. Usually, I fail miserably.

There was a significant pile of my clothing sitting around today. I made the pile. It got to be a significant pile of clothing over a period of a couple weeks. Finally, I took care of it when I got home from work. I need to do more things like this. Laundry. Vacuuming. Dishes. Favors. Note to self... these things mean more than love letters and verbal "I love you" reminders. She's not on my case about stuff like this... she knows who I am and loves me in spite of me being a slob... It's just that these are the ways to my wife's heart. She deserves these things. She is the best. She is my favorite person. Even though she's a crazy liberal vegetarian tree-hugger.

This just in... Chicken Little Kevin will not be the next American Idol. I'm glad he's gone... but I will miss him. Chris, Katharine, Taylor, Elliott, Mandisa, Kellie, and Paris need to stick around for awhile. Bucky, Lisa, and Ace can just go home now as far as I'm concerned. I really like this show.

And FOX must be so happy that so many folks like Idol so much... you think anybody would have tuned in to their new show Unan1mous if it wasn't preceded by Idol? Heck no. But we watched here in the Duebber household... if you watched and wanted to punch the preacher-lady in the face, you aren't alone. What a whore. That's what Christianity needs to be showing the world... that our preachers file for bankruptcy even while making $100k per year. Steve Carr, the jig is up... how much money do you make per year and how many times have you filed for bankruptcy, you pagan!?!?!? (Buy me dinner and all will be forgiven.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jason and I are both messy. We should have you over before Toby is crawling or walking because it's definitely not babyproof. It will also force us to clean up some. We split the housework or lack of housework pretty evenly.

Your assesment of AI is right on. I think Lisa could still surprise us. I don't think she'll win it but I think she's better than we've seen.