Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ceen's Insight

My sister rocks. As time passes, I'm more and more proud of who she is. I'm humbly proud to be a part of the story of her salvation. She writes kinda good, too.

Have you ever been around a discussion among folks from a Christian circle when someone mentions a struggle and the response from the group, regardless of the situation, is simply "You should read your Bible and pray about that" as if it's just some sort of magic potion? I cringe... absolutely I believe the Bible is the infallible word of the Living God, and absolutely I believe that the God of the universe is never too busy to hear our cries and shower us with His love and His grace. The Spirit is omnipresent to those who call upon the holy name of Christ. But I cringe when someone's problems are used as an excuse for some pious individual to offer a "read and pray, that's the cure" magic formula.

The official sister of Room113 wrote recently (an excerpt):

"Everyone says, 'I'll pray for you' or 'Just read your Bible and pray, that will get you out of it.' Is that all there is for me to do?"

Have we put the God of the universe in a box? Have we packed Him up, and portioned Him out, and told every believer what thier rations are? And only bread and water, again? Is there no tirimisu, fine wine, prime rib, ripe, red strawberries? Oh God, help us see how huge You are!

Take a brief sojourn over to
ceenmarie.blogspot.com and read the post. It's good stuff. God is so much bigger than we know. And teaching our young believers that reading and praying is the cure-all is not enough... young believers need to know that our God is an awesome God that is to be experienced.

No comments: