Thursday, March 23, 2006

Daytime TV? Not so good...

Woke up with the worst sore throat I've had in quite some time. I don't miss days at work... there's a woman at work who has called in sick more days than she has worked thus far in 2006. Drives me nuts. But I felt I had little choice but to call in this morning.

Robyn and Toby are out playing with Grambee (Grandma Embee), we have no cable or dish, and I have a problem with silence. Here are 20 observations from my living room this morning and early afternoon:

(1) I could probably watch hours of Divorce Court / Judge Mathis / Judge Joe Brown / etc. In fact, I think I just did.
(2) Bob Barker seems every bit as old as he did when I was a Miami Heights Elementary School student on summer break.
(3) No one ever bids first on the Showcase Showdown... I think, legally, the first contestant must pass.
(4) Tony Danza thinks he's really cool.
(5) Tony Danza's female fans scare the heck out of me.
(6) Tony Danza has male fans, which scares the heck out of me.
(7) Doctor Gadget is clearly addicted to some sort of mind-altering drug and has given thousands of dollars of stuff to everyone in Tony Danza's audience.
(8) There shall be no more mentions of Tony Danza on this blog... ever.
(9) I would have easily paid $25 to have SportsCenter reruns available to me for the past few hours.
(10) I think, contrary to popular belief, that I will not become addicted to myspace, mainly due to its poor design.
(11) I think I spent several hours on myspace.com today, and that fact does not contradict point #10 in any way, as it was out of sheer reluctance to do anything of importance.
(12) Matlock is on. The sheer badness of this show only makes me wish Andy Griffith reruns were still on.
(13) Sleezeball lawyer commercials target desperate people, like the woman who sued me for her injuries after I rear-ended her. These commercials still tick me off.
(14) While flipping through 5, 9, 12, 19, 48, and 64 for the millionth time hoping something of worth might be on, I just saw
Bret Michaels as a guest star on Yes, Dear. He sang his signature "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" a cappela during the closing credits... this is a desperate man...
(15) Who in their right mind would watch a 30-minute infomercial?
(16) Who in their right mind would blog about the day I've had?
(17) I wish Robyn and Toby were here.
(18) Since they cannot be here right now, I wish I was at work.
(19) I think it's time to end this post...
(20) ...and read
Uni-Watch on ESPN.com!

8 comments:

Ceen_Marie said...

I am a Matlock fan. I have been since I went through a fase one summer in high school where I would watch it practically every afternoon. I like cheesy detective shows and I like Andy Griffith. So in my mind Matloock makes for one quality television program. I am prepared to take the criticism. The Andy Griffith show is, I must say, far greater than Matlock though; I must agree with you there.

Ceen_Marie said...

Get better soon!

Jennifer said...

Jason's mom has delivered Meals on Wheels to homebound seniors for years. Nearly 100% of them are watching "The Price Is Right", turned all the way up, when she delivers.
I had a friend who's cat was named Plinko. I thing that is awesome.

Butros Butros said...

Where's a rubix cube when you need one eh?

Anonymous said...

i think the saddest thing about this post is that my only response is that at 1pm or 2pm andy griffith reruns are on 64.... i know this because i used to skip a lot of school. hope you get better soon, ryan and i are not feeling well either.....

Anonymous said...

oh, and tony danza is pretty cool, i am a fan. he gives people new tv's too...

Justin Hall said...

our power died the other weekend during the thunderstorms, and so for like three hours i had no TV or network connection. *shiver*

renee and i ended up sitting on the couch reading for most of the time. and my brain didn't even explode or anything from lack of interactive content. huh.

Anonymous said...

STOP WATCHING THAT TELEVISION CRAP NOW! Get on it and GET HIGH SPEED. AOL HATES YOU. AOL makes Baby Jesus cry. Embrace the DSL. Let DSL take you to a place you could only dream of before. Let it take you to Google video and Winamp TV where you can watch what you WANT to watch.