Saturday, March 04, 2006

Post #100

Correction: The next Rohs Street Cafe show with Brooke Trisler is Saturday April 1st, not Friday April 7 as previously advertised.

183 days ago, I moved a community blog rant over here to Room113. At the time, I knew I felt the need to write more, but I had no idea that blogging would become a regular part of my life. So here is my 100th post. Counting all the community postings over at the Roots page, it's more. Am I an addict? Nah... but I do enjoy the outlet for writing, as there's no way in heck I'd sit down and reflect upon as many things if all I had was a notebook and a pen. So please lift your glasses... here's to Google taking over the world.

Musically, I get way more stage time than I want just by going to church and doing my job. I'm not a look-at-me person... I quietly enjoy the spotlight just a little, in the way that everyone likes attention, but when it comes to leading our church congregation in singing the praises of our awesome God, lifting melodies designed to be a sweet, sweet sound in the ear of the Creator, I'd rather not be on stage, but out there with the congregation. Or at least, that's the attitude I try my hardest to keep. I'm just doing the job that God gave me to do, just like the Sunday school teachers are doing their job, just like the janitor is doing his job, et cetera. Why God gave me a job that puts me up on a stage in front of people, I don't know, but I try not to argue with him.

The show was quality last night. As I was starting to say in the last paragraph, the last thing I desire is more time on stage in front of people. But chilling on a coffeeshop stage with a best buddy Brooke, playing through songs that I love to play through and sing along with, qualifies as stagetime that I don't mind one bit. Especially when I feel like we sound pretty decent. The next show at the wonderful Rohs Street Cafe will be April 1st, a Saturday (instead of the usual Friday). The blogging community is invited. Heck, the blogging community can bring their wireless laptops and blog while listening...

I don't get to see Toby as much as I want to see him. Darn job. I work somewhat normal hours, but his bedtime starts around 6pm when I'm barely getting home. He's happiest and most alert in the morning right after I leave. So I miss the most fun times of the day. By the time I get home, he's either already asleep, or he's struggling to fall asleep (which I found out the other night isn't the most fun thing in the world to be around).

Which makes this morning all the more wonderful. I was up at 8, and so was he. Tempted to go back to bed and take advantage of my only sleep-in possibility, Robyn suggested I stay up and play with him. She's a smart girl, you know. Tobe's eyes wide open, alert, wanting to explore and play. He is so good at following people with his eyes now, which is pretty crazy, cause he didn't do that last month. I LOVE making him laugh. I like to get up in his face and sing a little Gretchen Wilson to him... "I may not be a 10, but the girls think I clean up good... I'm here for the party..." makes him laugh, and with good reason, as it's not everyday a grown man sings a hillbilly woman's song for a 2 month old boy. But seeing the dude laugh and smile is pretty stinkin' sweet.

1 comment:

brk said...

the april show is actually april 1st. don't be fooled...it's no joke.