Thursday, November 17, 2005

Those Crazy Environmentalists

I listen with some regularity to an AM talk show "The Glenn Beck Program". Glenn is hilarious. I don't agree with him on everything, but for the most part, I think he's the man. He does a great job giving his show a balance of serious and mockery. (Is mockery a word?) On his website, he posts a large number of links to news stories he thinks his listeners might be interested in. I check it relatively often.

There was a
link today about a group of wackos who have a goal of ridding the earth of humans in the best interest of the longterm health of Earth. I guess they think humans are bad for the environment. Which is true. We are bad for the environment. I haven't seen any deer or cows driving V8 SUVs recently.

But think about it, if the world was ridden of all humans, what would the deer and cows do? What fun would a world free of polluting cars and inefficient people be for them? Would deer enjoy life if they didn't have to dodge cars when crossing the street? Would cows consider their lives worthy without having the fear of being slaughtered so that we pagans can eat steaks?

I'd hate to make this world less enjoyable for my surroundings by disappearing. Therefore, I proclaim to the tree-hugging hippies, "Go ahead, you rid yourself from the world. Follow through on your platform." Me? I'm gonna go drive my Buick to meet my family. And I'm 99.99% confident that we're gonna eat some meat. (Except for Robyn... she's still a Vedge. And I guess, officially, Toby is currently a Vedge as well...)


Disclaimer: I recycle, and I sold my V8 4x4 pickup because of fuel efficiency. I'm not hateful of those who care about the environment. However, I do think that humans are more important than plants. Feel free to post comments if you are offended. I will be happy to ignore it.

No comments: