It would be a lie to say that the food portion of my diet isn't going too well. The truth is, my diet isn't going. Period. I weigh what I weighed 3 months ago. Don't get me wrong, this is much better than 5 months ago, but "the next 20 pounds" haven't started yet. Which reminds me, I'm gonna go eat some cookies... this is necessary, I promise. Talk amongst yourselves...
...and we're back. I'm not working hard enough at work, either. Gotta get back into the routine. There's stuff to do... and I need to do it.
(Sidenote: my boss informed me today that there's likely a business trip to Europe in my near future. I'm a little scared that the responsibilities of the trip are over my head. And I've never flown before, so that whole "8 hours over a freaking ocean" thing isn't sitting too well with me either... but I've heard the Netherlands is a beautiful place, and my hotel will be on the bay, so that's fun.)
I guess I should throw reading into the multi-faceted diet. Unfortunately, I am unable to claim any success here, either. I think it's been 6 weeks since I last picked up a book. Come on, Scott, get motivated...
Thankfully, our money situation is pretty decent. We have paid down our only non-house debt very aggresively. We've reduced unnecessary spending, which has given us the freedom/ability to give more. So to call the multi-faceted diet a total loss would be an unfair statement. (The money situation could get real good with a nice real estate deal here...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment