Approximately 2 months prior to the election, I realized that it was just a bad idea for me to take in much political stuff. Radio, TV, random conversations, internet, whatever. My mind was made up, and I had my reasons, and it was just time for me to shut it all off. All it was doing was occupying space in my brain that I need for other things.
So, every day at the office, instead of my preferred talk radio entertainment, I would pick an FM station or a couple artists on my mp3 player or a few of those archaic things called compact discs and enjoy the tunes.
Without realizing the irony of my selection for November 4th, I walked into work with a specific British rock band scheduled for the listening. While trying to avoid the talking heads, I wound up listening to 6 hours worth of the Talking Heads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what? was Oingo Boingo and Wham! unavailable?
actually, i do like David Byrne, so you could have done worse.
cheers!
psycho killer!
Post a Comment