Friday, November 14, 2008

Disobedient Toby

Toby knows he's not allowed to play with our laptop computer. He has his own toy laptop that he loves very much. But you know how it is when something is prohibited... it is then simply desired that much more. We try to be gentle when enforcing the rules. Maybe we need to be a little tougher, as he doesn't seem to be getting anymore obedient.

I give you Exhibit A, an instant message conversation between myself and my lovely bride:

Me: Hi
Wife: tobybrokethecomputer.guesswhichbuttonhebroke
Me: no!
Wife: itwasbad
Me: it's awful... and yet hilarious
Wife: justcallifyouwanttotalk
Me: no way, this is fun
Wife: welliamgoingtoignoreyou
Me: new rule, though
Me: from now on, you must only type in large sentences
Wife: notimeforshananigans
Me: you know where this conversation will be posted, right?

---delay---

Me: are you ignoring me? :-D
Wife: yes
I love my boy so much. But I think I'm gonna have to be a little more diligent in enforcing the rules around the house.

Sometimes his blatant disobedience is maddening. Sometimes his disobedience leads to hilarity (see Exhibit A). Overall, though, it is in his best interest for me to enforce the rules that are established. Otherwise, I won't be able to blog from home.

OrmaybeIcould,butitwouldbeverydifficultforyoutoread.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iwouldjustliketosaythatthiswasnotamatterofdilagence.TobybrokethecomputerwhileIwaschangingAimeesclothes,myclothesandcleaningthespitupoffthethefloor.AndassoonasTobysawmecomingforhimhestartedbawling.

B-Call said...

doyouknowhowharditistotypesomethingwhilepurposelyignoringthespacebar?

Reverb said...

Thisisseriouslyanawesomepost.

Justin Hall said...

Doyouknowwhatisbrokenonit?Alotoftimesyoucanjustreplacethespringsandsmallbarunderneathit.Gettingthosepartsfromyourlaptopvendorwillhopefullybecheap,ifnothingelse-theymaywanttorepalcetheentirekeyboard.

Anonymous said...

whereweretheparents?