Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Night Life Update

Is it sleepytime yet? I'm quite the tired one... here we go...

(1) I miss having a truck. The old Dodge is an extended-cab, extended-bed, tall, V8 monster. It's been fun and extremely helpful. And also, I put $70 in gas in it and the tank is still nowhere near full.

(2) Moving a piano makes a body tired. Goodness gracious... there's a reason "piano mover" is a valid career plan. There's a good chance I will be seeking one when the Price Hill house is ready.

(3) I ate more LaRosa's this weekend than I have in a long, long time. Good stuff... I'm not sick of it yet, but I might be by the time Tuesday night gets here, as it's on the menu for our final hurrah with our College Hill neighbors.

(4) If given the choice to (A) carry a mattress down a flight of stairs, load into a truck, drive across town, carry it down a steep embankment via rock steps, into a basement bedroom, or (B) sleep on a mattress, I would choose B.

(5) The College Hill house may be empty, but it looks a million times better empty today than it did 4 years ago. My wife turned a dumpy old neglected house into a gem.

(6) Toby has decided that 5:30am is the appropriate time to wake up at Grandma's house. This is especially a problem considering I live at Grandma's house.

(7) I have the best friends and family in the world. For the price of Dunkin Donuts, an AWESOME crew that included Bob, Colleen, Clifton, Brett, Jeff, Jeff, Frank, Ed, and Kayla gave us over 3 hours of their time. The Hamricks and our neighbors contributed boxes. Robyn's parents have given us their basement. My parents have given us their garage. We are blessed beyond belief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need more boxes...let me know! And ya know I yet to have Laroses since we have been back. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME