This is my first Idol-related post of the year. I had no idea how much I posted about that show last year. I'm less obsessed this year, I promise, but I've actually gotten a couple requests for my thoughts, much to the chagrin of some of you, I'm sure. I have a few opinions that are probably shared by 90% of AI viewers:
- If Sanjaya isn't gone from Idol by tomorrow night, I might boycott. Dude needs to go, and he knows it, and everyone else knows it, too. Haley needs to go too. As does Brandon. Then we'd be looking at a pretty decent Top 9.
- Gotta love Melinda... humble background singer... I hope she doesn't get too full of herself, cause part of who she is that makes her so good is her attitude. Crap, I sound like Paula the Drunk...
- I'm digging Gina, too. I kinda like the angry female punk vibe. Plus, she's a complete emotional wreck, which for some reason makes her more exciting to watch.
- Chris Sligh desperately needs his glasses back. And I can't believe he did a dcTalk song a coupla weeks back, but I like him...
- Beatboxer is fun. He'll land a deal out of all this.
- Stephanie makes my wife want to be black. There. I said it.
- I can't take this 2 hour episode crap. I want to watch, but I want to have a life too. Fox has made it impossible to watch the entire show and still be a functional human being. But I guess if AI is the whore that is making big bucks, the Network is gonna use her up until nobody wants her anymore. I hope there's some sort of market correction soon, because it's just too much...
- Simon is still my #1 reason to watch the show. I love the dude. And Seacrest is growing on me, God help me.
2 comments:
"I had no idea how much I posted about that show last year."
too much.
So are you going to boycott now? I am considering it as well!
I am glad that they're closer to being back to the one night 1 hour and the next night a half hour episodes...although it only takes about 5 seconds to really kick someone off.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment