Friday, April 13, 2007

More Quick Hits

Not totally sure why, but I've been writing a lot less. I can't figure it out. Maybe my brain is dead? Regardless, here's another round of quick hits...
  • If one must spend a sunny Friday afternoon cooped up in an office doing accounting, I cannot think of better circumstances than having an afternoon Reds-Cubs game broadcast on the radio.

  • I really don't want to beat the Josh Hamilton story to death, but is anyone not rooting for this guy? What an amazing life turnaround already.

    On the sports messageboard I'm on, as a joke, I posed the question (for "serious" debate): Where would you rather be today? (A) At Wrigley Field, starting in center field in between a first-ballot hall-of-famer (Griffey) and one of the best home run hitters of our generation (Dunn), batting 2nd right in front of them, or (B) On a coke binge in some abandoned alley somewhere. 3 jerks actually voted for the coke binge just to spite me.

  • Staying on the Josh Hamilton topic, this time with a Chuck Norris twist:
    Josh Hamilton can speak Braille.
    Josh Hamilton can slam revolving doors.
    Superman owns a pair of Josh Hamilton's pajamas.
    Josh Hamilton doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
    Josh Hamilton can delete the Recycle bin.
    Thanks, I'll be here all week.

  • The house is not yet on the market. This wet/cold weather is killing me! I need some dry/warm days to get all the painting finished. Also, dry/warm is the preferable weather to patch some concrete. (Anybody know how to patch concrete? I could use a clue...)

  • The answer to the "What Would Simon Do?" question from this post: "Sexyback". More accurately, "Britishback". While Simon's performance was absolutely appauling and dreadful, I must say his re-write of Timberlake's hit is a frickin masterpiece. Go ahead, sing along to the tune of "dirty babe..."
    "Broadway
    is where these bands should be
    Take them away
    They make me say things like 'That's cabaret'"
    As much as it pains me to link to it, there is a video of Impact Idol 2. Embarassing, but true. Quincy is the best Randy Jackson since Randy Jackson.

  • Finally, Haley is gone from AI. Her singing drove me insane. I'm very glad she and her ho-bag self will not be on my TV screen anymore. (It's ok, I said ho-bag, not nappy-headed-hobag. I'm clear.)

    I thought the show might fall out of favor with me this year, but it hasn't thus far. It's my embarrassing guilty pleasure. Much like my Sixpence CD. Sanjaya lives to see another week. Pure comedy. I laugh, and my wife wants to kill herself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad is pretty much an expert on concrete. Give him a call.

scott d said...

which jason are you?