Friday, July 21, 2006

Toby Update & "Sully" The Golf Club Head Cover

I recently posted about the cuteness of The Tobe and his newfound love for "solid" food. Well, he's still terribly cute, but not necessarily is he terribly cute while eating. He is especially not quite terribly cute when trying to feed himself. His new favorite thing to do is to steal the spoon from us and try to feed himself. He doesn't really succeed, unless one can consider it a success to shove a spoon into one's eyes or one's ears. Typically, the spoon ends up on the floor. And food ends up on the floor and on his face. Good stuff. His other new fun thing to do is to stand up. Standing up is nothing new... he's loved to stand up while we stabilized him for several months now. The new part is that he does it all by himself, leaning up against his play table. (Here, I am also giving ammunition to all of my faithful readers who think the Goat is a fat kid.) This last picture has nothing to do with Toby. It has everything to do with golf. I used to play golf. I quit because the golf course was the only place I ever cussed, and I was trying to stop cussing. That, and the fact that golf is expensive. I don't like to spend money, I don't like to cuss, and I sucked at golf, so I quit. Logical, right? Well, I've had the itch to get back out there and give it another shot. I obtained a set of clubs. I took a quick lesson from my father-in-law. I think I'm ready to hit the links and shoot a 138.g

Tye and I went to Avon Fields on Wednesday. It's cheap inner-city golf. The course isn't too long. I figured it was just for me. We never found out, as lightning came right after I hit a very good 2nd shot (after a 25-yard drive) on hole #4. However, just by saying that I played golf, I have a great excuse to show you the world's largest head cover... allow me to introduce you to "Sully". Sully is an old-man puppet. Since I'm not a very good puppeteer, Sully is now a golf club head cover. (If you look closely, you can tell that there is a set of clubs behind the old man, who conveniently wears a golf sweater.)

No comments: