The eldest cat (yeah, we have 3, but we will NEVER have more than 3) has a bunch of scabs all over her body and has clearly been acting different lately. She's really the best cat ever. I took her to the vet on Friday to have her checked out... to be completely truthful, I was terrified that the vet would tell me something was seriously wrong with the little critter. The verdict? Fleas. Fleas are not fun. Nor are they cheap to get rid of. Nor do the cats like them. Nor does my wife enjoy the fact that our house has them. Get the point? Fleas are bad. We're working on it, though.
How come George Strait is such the man? Dude's gotta be 157 years old by now, and he keeps cranking out good country songs. "Give It Away," his latest single, is high-quality. Go ahead, haters of "hillbilly music," leave me nasty comments. Just know that you are sinners. All country music is good, moral, positive, God-honoring stuff. You know, except for the songs about makin' love in the back of my pickumup truck and gettin' drunk and... yeah, I'll stop. I'm a loser. I've been on a serious country kick for about 2 months now. I think it's a summer thing.
My sis wrote about her visit to my grandparents' house the other day. My grandparents have been married over 60 years now. I think it's a quality read, but I'm biased. She wrote it very well... so well that I felt like I was right there.
The Reds are my pride and joy. (I love them so much that sometimes I cry when thinking about them. It's really kinda disturbing.) On the surface, I do not like the trade. Kearns and Lopez for 2 bullpen guys? HUH? That price is too steep. But, I will not complain. Krivsky's moves thus far have been brilliant: Hatteberg for $750k, 3 years of Arroyo for Wily No, Ross for free, Phillips for free, Guardado for free. Sure, there's a McCracken and a Yan in there, but they were free too. No harm, no foul. Krivsky has the Midas Touch. If Dan O'Brien made this deal, I'd be very angry. With Krivsky, I'm somewhat confused at why the price was so steep, but I won't lose any sleep over this. I have gone on record and predicted that the $13 million saved on 2007's payroll will be spent on a stud this offseason. Time will tell if this prediction is any better than this one was.
It figures, though, that I just traded for Kearns on my fantasy team that already has Lopez. Ya think these 2 guys will come anywhere near the offensive numbers at RFK that they enjoyed at GABP? I think not...
Toby has teeth. Two of 'em. Very sharp. He bit my finger the other day, broke my skin, and I bled. It hurt. I think he's actually a shark. Also, he has gotta be the strongest 6 month old ever. He grabbed my nose and squeezed with all his might, and once again drew blood. If you see me in the near future and I am missing a limb, chances are The Tobe did it.
Robyn got a Swiffer. She thought you should know.
Toby's godparents welcomed their third child, Isabelle, into the world this past week. Wednesday, Robyn and I took their 6-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter out. The most well-mannered kids ever. Must be the babysitting.
Jeff Warnock and his new bride, Nichole, got a puppy. Toby played with the puppy the other night. It was intense. Oh, did I fail to mention that the puppy is a BOXER? Well, Toby and the little canine are about the same size, and they seemed to enjoy trying to eat each other's face. I wish I had a picture to post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
don't talk to me until you've got crabs.
I enjoy George Strait as well. I recently purchased the "50 Number Ones" CD for about $10 including shipping on half.com. And bonus - it has 51 songs. Good stuff my friend!
Post a Comment