Saturday, September 24, 2005

Fantasy Conundrum

I'm head-to-head this week against a friend of mine, Larry. I really like Larry... we could be great friends, and in fact I think we're well on our way. I asked him if he wanted to get a team in the league, and he said yes. We haven't been buddies all that long, but we've gotten alot closer in just the past couple months, and I hope our friendship can really develop in the months to come.

When I see him at church tomorrow, should I let him know that he has 4 guys with bye weeks currently listed in his starting lineup? Week 3 in the football league begins in approximately 13 hours. I'm coming off a tough week 2 loss, and a win this week would be huge... is it worth threatening a budding friendship just for a guaranteed win in week 3? In addition, what if he decides to take an "Ahh, forget it" attitude towards the league after I intentionally avoid him tomorrow morning? That's what I hated most about the baseball league, that only 4 out of 10 guys actually kept up with their teams. (One guy still has Danny Graves in as his #1 closer.)

I'm leaning towards calling him at about 4:30 tomorrow afternoon and asking him how his Ravens (bye) played... and I'm convinced that I'm going to hell...

No comments: