At childbirth class last Wednesday, I watched a videotaped birth for the first time. Crazy. It's amazing that a little person fits through there... Somehow, just seeing a birth for the first time makes me more comfortable with the whole process. Interestingly enough, when the video was over, I told Robyn just that, that I was actually more comfortable having seen it. She was the opposite.
Dana from our young adult group had her baby Sunday night... We went and visited her and Scott and the baby (the lengthy-named Clark Henry Allen Davis) yesterday afternoon.
Robyn is determined to give birth without medication, and I know better than to doubt her. At childbirth class, the instructor has been rattling off some crazy stats that make my head almost explode. Approximately 26% of all US births are by C-section. Only 5% of US births are truly "risky" enough to warrant a C-section. We are such a medicated society! It makes me sick how many things are done in the birthing process that are done for the comfort and ease of the doctor and not the mom or the baby. Robyn believes that God's initial plan for women was birth without medicine, coached by her husband. And so it shall be.
Also, just like Mike, I too have been quite hungry lately. Robyn and I have been studying the Word together every night before going to bed. 2+ years into the marriage and we're studying together for the first time. I was always too embarrassed to initiate study of the Word, knowing that she is more knowledgable than I. Finally, I decided to be a man and (1)admit that I'm not as well-read, and (2) be a man and do the right thing and lead. Be MEN, fellas, be the men He called us to be. Admit that you are nothing without Him and be the leader of your family, as you are called to be. (And we shall encourage one another in this?)
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Originally posted on the Cincinnati Roots Community Blog. Moved to Room 113 on September 19 for Scott's archiving purposes and to allow Scott to continue to ramble without clogging up the Roots' page.
Post a Comment