Sunday, August 19, 2007

Your Tax Dollars at Work

Call me crazy, but I didn't think it was ever our founding fathers' intentions for government to become a huge institution with billion dollar budgets. OK, I could rant and rave all day about how I feel about government... but instead, I'll just shut up, post the link, and copy & paste...

Aug. 16 (Bloomberg) -- A small South Carolina parts supplier collected about $20.5 million over six years from the Pentagon for fraudulent shipping costs, including $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to an Army base in Texas, U.S. officials said.

The company also billed and was paid $455,009 to ship three machine screws costing $1.31 each to Marines in Habbaniyah, Iraq, and $293,451 to ship an 89-cent split washer to Patrick Air Force Base in Cape Canaveral, Florida, Pentagon records show.
So... I work... the government collects some of my wages... and then the government pays some crooked business. Sounds fair. I am going to tell the government that I'd like some of that money. It never hurts to ask, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about this scam. And people want the government to run our hospitalization...ouch.! The two scamers are 2 sisters from South Carolina...doesn't say a whole lot about their morals. 'Ahh hey, can you pay us back the money you spent on your French Riviera vacation'....! Ahh the Government, the blind leading the blind.

Dan W