I'm pumped for Echo Church***. It's good to see a church decide that they don't need to spend a wad of cash on postcards or flashy billboards. They're starting off with a small core of folks. They're gonna preach depth. Screw the current church trends, not everything has to be perfect and pretty. I mean, Aaron really isn't that cute, so it's obvious Echo is going for more than just aesthetics. It's exciting to see a couple guys (Steve and Aaron) who are essentially saying (apologies to Coolio) "I'm an educated fool with God on my mind, got the Word in my hand and a gleam in my eye."
OK, with that Coolio parody, I've officially been promoted to full-fledged geek status. Man. With the fist-bump and the rolled up jeans and the sudden desire to get the lefty earring, it's amazing they don't just take me out back and shoot me. Process me as dog food. I'm surprised the church will even take me, and ours takes just about anyone, you can be assured.
I've put up a link to Steve's blog. He's worth reading. Especially the post about him being a stripper. Food for thought.
In other news, words cannot describe the silent relief I felt when Frank Jr flashed the hippy peace sign last night at small group. The fist-bump disaster should now be forgotten, as the peace sign can't possibly be cooler than the fist-bump. From now on, all attempts to make fun of me will be forwarded to Frank and his two-fingered salute to all those who still think Hippy VW Buses and LSD are cool.
And also, I apparently shaved my head a little bit closer to the scalp than usual, as everyone I've encountered since Thursday night has mentioned it. I swear it was unintentional to do anything other than the ordinary. Maybe my hairline really is receding... that would be SWEET. At least then I could go razor bald with confidence. Now I'd just feel like a Nazi. Ahh, the pressures of this society...
(***The views stated here are absolutely those of Scott alone. Never should Scott's stated opinions be assumed to be similar to those of the folks he mentions. Especially considering folks like Steve and Aaron are much smarter than Scott. And especially as Scott drops wacked out Coolio references.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think the Coolio references are fine, as long as you refrain from mentioning Weird Al's paraody Amish Paradise. As we all remember . . .
"I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain."
Also, not to pimp myself, but the link actually goes to our church blog, not my own. My disturbing thoughts are found at www.houseofcarr.com
I'm such an attention whore . . .
And you can't tell me not to mention Weird Al and then drop a lyric yourself. Since you did, I must continue the disturbing trend:
"I've churned butter once or twice living in an Amish Paradise."
Wow, I didn't realize how much of a whore you are... correcting the link... which I realize is necessary (and is now corrected). I'm having serious trouble posting a comment on yours. Don't know if it's just me or not... So when is the minister gonna hook me up with a free I.C. Mocha?
Honey, I hate to be the one to mention this, but...you never owned Nike Airs, you were band president, and you do math for fun...since when is your "coolness" an issue!?
And you can rest easy now...I am all caught up on the latest "blog news"...you have made me a blog stalker, just like the rest of you.
I'm hurt, man! That was not groovy at all!
Post a Comment