Saturday, October 08, 2005

It'd Be Cake To Play That Game

Not many things in this world beat Andrea Summer at Rohs Street. I wish nothing but the best for Tye and the bride-to-be. I hope they have all the musical and professional success possible. But if they never play anywhere else than Rohs Street, I hope they know that they are already a great success. The joy that is so obviously expressed as they play their songs is impossible to miss. If you're in the room, you're affected by it. Every time I hear Andrea sing, I know I've heard a heart that burns for Christ. I love "Blankets" and the honesty of that 2nd verse. And I'm thrilled that she and Tye can say with all confidence that neither of them are settling for anything less than the best.

Similarly, it's always great to play with
Brooke. I had a great time, especially during the first set. We had no clue what we were doing. And yet, once we got to playing the songs, it seemed to all come together. Reading each other's minds. It's good to gain some confidence musically. A year ago, I felt like a lazy and inadequate musician. Today, I am confident in and thankful of the gifts God gave me.

My boss is back from 8 days in Asia. He's one tired dude. I don't think I ever want to have to take a trip like he just took. I'd have to get on an airplane... Dave's a good guy, I'm lucky to have a boss that puts up with me and my commitments to family and church. He could crack the whip and keep me at the office more, but he seems to respect my priorities. My life would certainly be different had my current boss not called to re-hire me 2 years ago. That being said, it is weird being so much younger than anyone else on my floor. I feel like most folks are finally starting to view me as an adult, but for some, I'll always be the little kid with the office. Ah well.

No comments: