Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Date Night

Tonight was our usual mile walk to the hospital for our 6:45 prego doctor appointment followed by the mile walk home. Then date night. So we went to Hollywood video and picked up National Treasure, which we are going to watch in a little bit, followed by a Kroger run to buy something for dessert. Robyn asked me what I wanted, I said whatever--cake, cookies, ice cream, pie, all of the above, you name it. She loves sweets. And she just got her blood test results back from the doctor... she was terrified that she'd have gestational diabetes with all the sugars she consumes... and the results were fine. So I figured we'd eat some death by chocolate type of dessert. What does she choose? Frozen pizza. That's right, frozen pizza, for dessert. There's only one explanation for a sequence of events such as this... she must be pregnant.

I washed the pimp boat after work. Man that thing was dirty... it looks much better now. I think we're gonna cruise it down to NC to see the Warnocks next weekend. Ridin' in style. My shorty and I, in the pimp boat. I'm an idiot.

I like to use big words in conversation with people I don't know well. I figure it makes me look smart or something. Imagine my surprise when an auditor at work casually dropped the word "stratifying" on me this morning. I was dumbfounded. I looked it up, and it made sense in context, but now I forget what it meant. For now on, I'll use smaller words with this woman.

OK, movie and dessert (pizza) time. Word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait. It gets better with kids....

Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you walk to the hospital. I assume you'll utilize the pimp boat when in labor.
Did you like the movie?
Jennifer

scott d said...

Jen Bast? Welcome to the blog...

Yes, we'll likely utilize the pimp boat when in labor, although we've discussed walking to the hospital as long as it isn't snowing.

Heck yeah, the movie was great... a little odd, but very entertaining and pretty clean.